Adam is an English speaking lawyer practising (international) commercial law in the Netherlands. He is an Australian solicitor (admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland), who has been practising in the Netherlands since 2016. Adam’s knowledge of both Dutch law and Australian law/common law puts him in a unique position to assist clients with cross-border matters.
Adam heads Blenheim’s International Team, comprising foreign associates admitted in Germany, South Africa and Australia.
Areas of practice
Adam advises on, drafts and negotiates international commercial contracts, works on domestic and complex cross-border corporate transactions (advising buyers, sellers and private equity or venture capital investors) and advises on and represents clients in international commercial arbitration.
His specialisations include:
- Corporate transactions / mergers / acquisitions / joint ventures / partnership agreements / shareholders agreements / investment agreements
- Commercial contract law / agency agreements / distribution agreements / franchise agreements / licensing agreements
- International dispute resolution / commercial arbitration / private international law
Adam advises clients on both Dutch law and Australian law.
Memberships / board positions
Adam is a member of:
- The Queensland Law Society
- The International Bar Association
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (associate member)
- The Netherlands Arbitration Association’s young practitioners group NAI Jong Oranje
Adam sits on the board of:
- The Dutch Association for Distribution, Franchise and Agency Law
- The Amsterdam American Business Club
Adam is a native English speaker, but is also fluent in Dutch, German and French. Adam also has a working knowledge of Spanish.
Notable matters include:
- Assisting a client with the expansion of its Dutch business networking concept to Asia through the establishment and roll-out of a franchising system.
- Advising on the sale of the foremost online recipes business in Netherlands to Dutch supermarket chain, Jumbo Supermarkten B.V. by means of an asset purchase.
- Successfully representing a Dutch civil engineering company in a € 20 million Dutch law governed construction dispute under the NAI Arbitration Rules.
- Advising a foreign investor on the acquisition of a European industrial group with 16 factories based across five European countries and employing 2,800 staff in a Dutch law governed share purchase transaction.
- Negotiating and establishing a multimillion euro joint venture on behalf of a Dutch medical equipment and infrastructure manufacturer in relation to the EMEA-wide roll-out of its treatment solutions.
- Advising the selling shareholders on the sale of a Dutch architectural and project management firm to multinational commercial real estate company Cushman & Wakefield.