Adam is an English speaking lawyer practising (international) commercial law in the Netherlands. He is an Australian solicitor (admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland), who has been practising in the Netherlands since 2016. Adam’s knowledge of both Dutch law and Australian law/common law puts him in a unique position to assist clients with cross-border matters.
Adam heads Blenheim’s international commercial practice.
Areas of practice
Adam advises on, drafts and negotiates international commercial contracts, works on domestic and complex cross-border corporate transactions (advising buyers, sellers and private equity or venture capital investors) and advises on and represents clients in international commercial arbitration.
His specialisations include:
- Corporate transactions / mergers / acquisitions / joint ventures / partnership agreements / shareholders agreements / investment agreements
- Commercial contract law / agency agreements / distribution agreements / franchise agreements / licensing agreements
- International dispute resolution / commercial arbitration / private international law
Adam advises clients on both Dutch law and Australian law.
Memberships / board positions
Adam is a member of:
- The Queensland Law Society
- The International Bar Association
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (associate member)
- The Netherlands Arbitration Association’s young practitioners group NAI Jong Oranje
Adam sits on the board of:
- The Dutch Association for Distribution, Franchise and Agency Law
- The Amsterdam American Business Club
Adam is a native English speaker, but is also fluent in Dutch, German and French. Adam also has a working knowledge of Spanish.
Notable matters include:
- Assisting a client with the expansion of its Dutch business networking concept to Asia through the establishment and roll-out of a franchising system.
- Advising on the sale of the foremost online recipes business in Netherlands to Dutch supermarket chain, Jumbo Supermarkten B.V. by means of an asset purchase.
- Successfully representing a Dutch civil engineering company in a € 20 million Dutch law governed construction dispute under the NAI Arbitration Rules.
- Advising a foreign investor on the acquisition of a European industrial group with 16 factories based across five European countries and employing 2,800 staff in a Dutch law governed share purchase transaction.
- Negotiating and establishing a multimillion euro joint venture on behalf of a Dutch medical equipment and infrastructure manufacturer in relation to the EMEA-wide roll-out of its treatment solutions.
- Advising the selling shareholders on the sale of a Dutch architectural and project management firm to multinational commercial real estate company Cushman & Wakefield.